воскресенье, 20 января 2013 г.

Natural disasters - It happened to me!

We are talking about natural disasters.

1. Read two eye-witness accounts. Which natural disaster are they about?

A. "I'll never forget what happened on August 24th. It was a dreadful day for everyone in Dade County. The wind was howling and the sky was black. Objects were flying all around me as I was trying to find a safe place. As I was running towards an underground shelter, a tree flew right past me . Inside, some people were hugging each other while others were crying and shaking. It was unbelievable!"
                                                                                              John Lewis (45), Miami, Florida

B. "It was about 11:30 am and I was shopping with my friend. Suddenly there was a deep rumbling noise and then I felt that the ground was shaking so I grabbed my friend's hand. She was trembling. I told her to run. As we were running the tremor was getting worse. The buildings were rocking from side to side and the roads were cracking. I was so scared I thought we weren't going to survive! Everybody was screaming and crying. It was terrible!"
                                                                                              Vera Johnson (38), Paso Robles, California

II. Choose the right answer  (A - Right,  B - Wrong,   C - Doesn't  say):
1. A tree hit John Lewis as he was running
2. The weather in Dade County was very bad on August 24th
3. Mrs Johnson's friend couldn't run fast                  

1 комментарий:

  1. 1) Ответ: в тексте A - ураган, в тексте В - землетрясение.
    2) Ответ: 1В; 2В; 3С;

    ОтветитьУдалить